Friday, August 12, 2011

Goldie - A Zoo - County Fair

Last weekend Elliott took Emma to get some new goldfish (her Dorothy dies MANY months ago and we just never replaced her). Emma new she wanted to go to Walmart, because that was where she and Grandma Loerch had seen them! So off we went... A 10 gallon tank, three small gold-fish, and one giant $20 gold-fish later.... we have one giant gold fish:) So Goldie has survived, and Emma was not sad at all to get the net out, fish out the dead gold fish day by day, hold them, and then flush them down the toilet (after tyring to feed them to Cooper!). Tomorrow apparently we are off to replenish the small variety.
My Dad came in to town for a dance concert I have had the past two weeks, and we took Emma to the zoo one morning... here she is posing for the camera. I have had two people in two days ask me if she was six!!!! On a side note.... We had decided on the name Lily, if we are to have a girl... suddenly I hear the name everywhere!!! When did it become so popular? So, we think we are back to the drawing board on that one:(
Tommy - checking his Facebook!
My mom and I took Emma to the Dakota County Fair on Wednesday - it sure does get expensive once kids learn about rides!!! But we had a great time, and Emma loved just about every minute, even when we let Grandma go do some things she wanted to do! Here she is on the pony rise (poor buddies!). We are looking into maybe getting Emma in to some riding lessons...
This one started gnawing on her forehead just after I took the picture!!!
Did you know that cows and goats do not have upper teeth? We learned that at the Fair... Here is a baby calf suckling on my mom's finger! Emma was very interested - as ever always!
This was her treat at the end of our day... the GIANT water slide! I cannot believe the little kids climb up those steps - I was working so hard to keep my fear inside!
A very happy, soaking wet girl!

Love to all...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like so much fun--Is the giant gold fish, Goldie swimmingly happy in her new environment? Tom looks so good and cute looking at the computer. Emma as always looks adorable!! Well, just a couple more months and a new little one to enlarge the circle of love. talk with you soon.