Wednesday, June 13, 2007

she sleeps - but she's LOUD!



Yes, Emma is growing up, and all of a sudden she has started "sleeping" through the night. I couldn't figure out though why I wasstill so tired yesterday morning, because Emma had slept from 930pm-5am!!!!! Then I realized.. she is loud and squirmy when she sleeps... seriously LOUD and SQUIRMY. So cute, but I realized that it is keeping me awake:) So last night at about 3:30 I finally just woke her up. She had been grunting and groaning and sucking on her hand and kicking and stretching and moving her head back and forth - so I just woke her up to eat because I couldn't take it any more:) She was more than happy to eat too, and went back to sleep well, and slept until 7:15!!!!!! I just can't believe how all of a sudden she has decided to sleep... Maybe she is going through a growth spurt? They say they do at 3 months, well, she is IN her third month so who knows!

I don't know if I shared, but she followed Elliott as he walked across the room on Sunday, and she will look up or turn her head at us if we talk to her, and she smiles usually as soon as I talk to her, especially in the morning or after a nap.

Monday night Elliott watched her while I taought a dance class. I guess the first 45 minutes were great, then she just lost it! I felt bad for the both of them.... the house was silent when I walked in, and Elliott turned around almost frantic "shhhh, she just fell asleep"!!! It was cute. I guess we have some video of the moment she lost it, becasue she had been "talking" to him so he went to get the video camera, and caught the rest on tape too:)

Yesterday we went to run errands, andI fed her in the car in the Target parking lot. She does realy good... I read that if they like their baths (which she LOVES) it often means that they are more "adaptable" babies! She really seems to be, and we go to San Francisco this weekend for a wedding, so we will see how she does with that! We surprised Dad at work yesterday with an Iced Caramel Machiato, he was very excited to see Emma and show her off a bit... Sothat was fun...

Guess that's all for now.... These pictures are of Emma this morning, and she does TOTALLY look like Elliott, but I see a bit of my baby pictures sneaking in there:)Love to all...

No comments: