Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Ok, so I went a little overboard with the number of pictures I put on here - but honestly there were so many I left out! I know I am a bit biased, I just think everyone would want to see a picture of Emma opening up a pair of socks:)
On Friday, Christmas Eve, we had the Hinrichs side of the family all over to our house. We spent the day talking and playing. Elliott and I co-produced a very tasty meal with plenty of left overs!
We can always count on Nana Hinrichs for bringing a creative and fun activity for Emma to explore. Nana, Emma and Auntie Christine all made nummy sweet and salty snacks!
Santa surprised Mommy and Emma - and brought a XBox Kinect while Emma was taking her nap. We were all sore the next day! It is WELL worth the money - the animation is adorable and the exercise you get - wow! Here I am helping Emma with her hand eye coordination:)

Jumping on the raft ride....


Father and son raft ride!

Papa got Emma and Elmo book that has his voice recorded reading it, and Nana got her a princess one. Both such a good idea - especially with so many miles between us!

Em and Uncle Justin
Christmas Morning - the look on her face is priceless!!!!!

Look what Santa left her!!!!! A double stroller and a matching baby!!!!!
AND matching Pajama's!

Cute as pie
Elliott broke out the Tickle Monster book and gloves from Santa!

Pretty Ballerina hair....


Reading at Grandma and Papa Loerch's house Christmas morning...

Grandma Patterson, Auntie Holly, Uncle Jason and Cousin Brooke were all in Washington so we did a video conference with the to open gifts. That was really fun - ALMOST like being there:(



We got smart and decided to do the family picture BEFORE gifts this year!
Papa Denny, Uncle Chris, Auntie Bec, Emma, Uncle Peter, Grandma, me (with the Babies) and El!
The one picture of Emma and I - proving I was indeed around for Christmas:) Emma is enamored with her Dad, so most often it is I that grabs the camera!






Auntie Becca walked in the door and Emma said - where is Uncle Chris?!

Grandma made Emma's babies matching sleeping bags (similar to one she got from her daddy!)

Em found her dad a pancake griddle that makes bug-cakes!

Thanks to grandma Loerch's great sewing talents Emma and her babies got MANY matching clothes!
She just figured out what was in the bad - and she made Elliott and I close our eyes so we would be surprised too! So sweet...
New Bunk beds for her babies!!!! Handmade by Papa Denny and Grandma Loerch - aren't we so lucky? I only wish I could do that for my Grand kids some day - goodness, I gotta learn to sew! It really is so nice and very special:)
The reason the Xbox Kinect was so worth the money - every belly laugh from Emma!
Exhausted the day after Christmas... still in her PJ's after lunch. Resting with Papa Jim watchin Beauty and the Beast...
We were so fortunate to have had as much family here as we did, although we missed the Patterson's! Santa and family were so generous and kind in their giving spirit - if everyone could be so lucky! There is no joy greater than watching your child grin from ear to ear..... Love to all - may the rest of your year be full of peace and joy...


























2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for all the pics--it helps!! Emma gets more beautiful every day!!! I miss you all so much!!

Mom said...

I have looked at these pics 6 or 7 times. Emma is so pretty--she glows from the inside out--miss you all very much--Love, Mom