Thursday, June 4, 2009

Train Terror

Poor Emma!  The two of us and Grandma Loerch went out to dinner last night, and ate outside.  We could hear the train coming and got excited, and Emma too (she loves trains)....  As soon as it got in front of the restaurant's patio it let its horn blow - loud two times.....  She looked at me, her eyes went back and forth a bit, her chin quivered, and her eyes grew loud....  And she SCREAMED, and the tears came and she reached for me, screaming at the top of her lungs with terror in her eyes (seriously), she literally way scrambling out of her high chair and just couldn't get in my arms fast enough.  I was getting tears in my eyes, for her, and all the other tables were saying "aw poor girl".  After a minute she said she wanted to go inside, and she cried still a bit as we watched the train go by from inside the restaurant.  As soon as it was done she said "OK now" and we went back outside.  OH!  My heart just sank to see that look in her eyes and see her terrorized actions....

She is over it now thought, and laughs saying "train scared Emma"...

Love to all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost teared up from you describing her terror. Poor girl! How sweet that she said "Ok now" when she wasn't scared anymore :-)

Mom said...

oh poor emma---can't wait 2 see you all-----so excited!!!