Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!!

We went Trick-or-Treating at my mom's house, since we are living in a Townhouse right now, and we know her neighborhood! Daddy helped get Emma all ready to go while I manned the camera.... She had to get dressed in layers, with snow boots (no snow!) and hat... I made sure to put her Ms. Independent sash on the outside of her jacket (I remember when I was little and always being so disappointed when I had to put a jacket over my costume - although I know Emma didn't care!)

Our first stop was Kelly and Craig's house, right next door to my mom's (Emma is enamored with Kelly and scared to death of Craig!) - you can see Emma hiding behind Daddy's leg...

The candy was a big draw however! She kept saying "I need more candy, Daddy." And she would smile her sweet smile and some people would hand her more!!! Then she got greedy and would reach for more all on her own - silly girl! We worked hard though on making sure she got a "thank you" to everyone:)


Which way to go????



Cheese!!!!

Checking out her "booty" when we got home. She made it around almost a block and a half and we were out for about an hour! She was very excited when she got up this morning - I said she couldn't have any until later after breakfast, at least... So she unwrapped each and every sucker and had ONE lick on each and then set them on a plate to save for later 0 such restraint!
"Oh my goodness!"
On a side note, we've had a much better couple of days... Carol and Rachel had such good ideas and they worked really well Friday night and Saturday morning! Plus Daddy got home from his working trip (poor boy was so tired!) and Emma was thrilled to see him of course.
We'll just keep plugging away!
Love to all...





2 comments:

jennejohn said...

I love that Emma was "Ms. Independent!" What a great idea and so cute! Holidays are so much fun with kids, don't you agree? I love Halloween with my wee ones - they keep the magic in them alive. Rebecca

Mom said...

Such cute ideas and pics--looks like so much fun--wish i could have seen her in person