Thursday, October 25, 2007

Walkin' with Dad




Wow... what a long week and it is only thursday! Here are some pics of El "walking" Em across the floor. She was really tkaing steps, but her socks being slippery helped a lot we think:)

Poor El and Em had a very "emotional" night on Tuesday. I got a phone call at6:30, I could hear Em crying in the backgound and El said "it's been like this for three hours!!!" I was teaching, but he just happened to catch me on my break. I said I'll be right home (Elliott NEVER calls, so I knew he was desperate). He had given her some Tylenol because she was knawing on her hand incesently. So by the time I got there she had calmed and he could get her to eat. When they were done I nursed her, and she went to bed. WELL, I guess she woke up 15 minutes after I left to go back and teach. And she continued to cry until I got home at 9:30 and she had JUST fallen asleep on Elliott's chest, where they were lying on the bed in the bedroom. So I took her into bed becasue Elliott was at his wits end and sweating. I felt terrible for him, becasue I knew he felt helpless. Well, I held Em and she just kept wimpering and then crying and then she'd fall asleep and then wake back up. finally I decided "Ok, let's just start the evening over". So I changed her diaper, changed her clothes.... And in the process noticed that her toe was scrugeled in her sock! The sock was caught in between her pinkie toe and then wrapped around it a bit. The minute I took it off she clamed, stopped crying, started bouncing, smiling, talking............ POOR THING! And then poor El too. SO, who knows if that toe was a whole evening of crying, but it was pretty red and bent "out". She's fine now and has forgiven us. She did just grand with Eliott las tnight and even fell asleep in his arms for bedtime!

Today, she is tired though. I think she seems to be taking two naps on the days that she goes to Jessica's and by Thursday she is EXHAUSTED! It is 3:30 and she is already down for her third nap, I couldn't keep her up to eat lunch even. She wanted nothing to do with it!

Well, El left for Portland this morning, but will be back tomorrow night. Us ladies have been cleaning, and I made spaghetti sauce. We may make a run to Fred Meyer, then home for Grey''s Anatomy and a video conf. with Grandpa jim and Grandma Jackie.

Love to all...

No comments: