Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doochies in Minnesota



Emma LOVES "doochies" or Cheerios as theya re commonly called! Here she is snakcing on them in Minnestoa. The next pic she is playing with a shot glass! And the final is celebrating my mom's birthday. We had such a WONDERFUL weekend in Minnesota. We got in WEdnesday evening (after Emma took a nap on the plane - yippie!). On Thursday Em and I went to spend time with her Great Grandma Hinrichs. We had fun playing and exploring and ESPECIALLY loved chasing the cat Molly. We went out to lunch and Emma did so well (she went out to eat more over the weekend than she has been her whole life thus far!). On Friday Em, my mom, and I went shopping ALL day! I was so nice to have someone to shop with so we could
"tag-team". Emma got SO spoiled as she had three HUGE piles of clothes tot ake back home with ehr. Of course everything was on EXTREME sale as that is really the only way to shop for little girls who make big messes feeding themselves. Em has l;earned that she can push her stroller holding onto the "shelf" below the seat, and stands there and pushes under me as I push (she made quite a site and turned many heads in the SEattle airport!). Emma ALMOST got to sleep at Caribou Coffe about 3pm, but to no avail. So we walked a bit more, and she just fought sleep for all she was worth. About 4 stores later we were in Old Navy and Em was looking at her 1/2 full bottle and then looking back at me. I gave it to her and covered her stroller with a blanket a bit, and about 5 minutes later she was OUT. So we had a very succesful trip to the Mall. Friday evening Aunt Becca and Uncle Chris came over to see Em. Saturday we went to Becca's wedding shower and Em seemed to be the hit of the party and the entertainment of the day. She is walking EVERYWHERE and is now staning up on her own. No more crawling for her! Saturday evening I left Em in the care of Grandma and Grandpa while I ran to pick up dinner. They fed her and took good care of her! They had been looking forward to a little alone time with her. Sunday morning we left Em in the care of Grandpa! They did well together, walking up and down the sairs when we came home. Hmm.... what else? Em tried many different foods - sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, she loved cheesy hasbrowns from Timberlodge steakhjouse! Monday Mom and Em and I went bargain shopping YET AGAIN. needless to say I had to pay extra because my bag was too heavy:) The flight home, well, that was a long one. Emma didn't cry, but she didn't sleep either. That means she was awake from 1:15 - 9:15pm Minnesota time!!!!! That is unheard of for her. She was flirt onthe plane, playing hide and seek with the teenage boy behind me, and she reached over and then went to the lady kiddie corner behind us (althoug she did cry as soon as she realized what she had really done!), she was SQUIRMY the WHOLE time. And I don't mean just a little, I mean I had a hard time keeping her in my lap sometimes becasue she wanted to flip over backwards and was coninuously watching people upside down. she is so goofy. ANYWAY, after many compliments onhow she traveled (I kept telling everyone they didn't have to hold her the whole 3 1/2 hours:)) we made it home safe and sound. She was asleep in the truck before we ever left the airport!

Love to all...

No comments: