Friday, August 14, 2009

Como Park

Emma, Grandma Loerch and I all went to Como Park Zoo, in St. Paul, yesterday. It is such a great facility that is FREE and they ask for a donation if you can afford it! I used to go when I was little, but it has been years since I've been and WOW, they have really made it into a beautiful facility! Emma especially enjoyed a giant sucker:)
Then we went to see the "Sparky the Sea Lion" show. I thought Emma was pointing to something she saw in the show.......

Of course our silly girl was pointing to the GIANT crane moving up and down in the background!!!! That was what she watched the whole time. And if we were seeing animals and she hear a truck or mechanical noise, that is what she was more interested in!

The zoo had a gorgeous butterfly exhibit that you could walk through. There were thousands of butterflies all around us, and one landed on my head!!!!! One landed on Emma's head for just a second too!



Emma was tuckered out after a few hours! It was super hot and humid so we were ALL done. We'd seen giraffes, lions, tigers, zebras, sea lions, monkeys, a baby orangutan, a giant gorilla... We were tired:)
Love to all....
OH! I almost forgot... I've been telling Emma that we eat fruits and veggies to get "strong and healthy", and we take naps and go to bed so we can be "strong and healthy" too. Then, we can do gymnastics, and jump, and play.... The other night Elliott was called in for back-ups getting her to bed. He asked her if she knew why it was time for bed? She replied "So I can be strong and healthy!" TOO CUTE!