Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Cold!




It was a wonderful day yesterday.... even though Emma got her first cold:(

It is all cool and fall like. I got the house cleaned, and the lawn mowed, and El got ALL of the computer stuff put away and the living organized and cleaned.... It feels so good! THEN we had company over to BBQ and watch the UFC fights. John, Allison, and Mason came over (that is the two of them playing), and Andre and Fawn (BOTH girls are pregnant!!!!!!), and our neighbor Blake.

We had a great time, good friends, and good ribs:)

Poor Emma though.... I thought a couple of days ago I noticed her nose getting a little runny... Yesterday it exploded!!! She would sneeze and snot would shoot out.... Poor thing! I went to check in on her after everyone left about 10pm and she was having such a hard time breathing, and then trying to suck on her thumb, but then couldn't breath. So we looked on line at what stores were still open and I amde the 11pm run to get her cold medicine. Only when I was in line did I think to call the pediatrition. The nurse called me back within 5 minutes so that makes me feel good for the future too, when I need to call. Anyway, they don't recommend cold medicine until they are at least a year of age. Instead you give them saline drops in the nose, then suction. So I made a warm salt water concoction, pulled out the dropped (from the Shower gift of "beauty" supplies that Caine gave us - it has come in handy so many times!) and the snot suction. El was already holdin gher when I got home, so he had her lie on the the big chair and held her hands (because of course she wants to grab everything and put it in her mouth - she is like a chewing puppy!) and I put in the drops and then suctioned.... She didn't even cry!

Now it is almost 8am and she still hasn't woken up since then. Of course el and I have checked on her all night long!!!! I'll get her up here in about 1/2 hour to clean her again and feed her -otherwise I'm going to burst!

So, we'll see how she does today. The nurse said she may develop a fever but that is common and I can give her Tylenol if I want. Good thing we were going to have a relaxing day anyway as we worked yesterday!

Love to all....

No comments: