Thursday, September 20, 2007

Goin' Along

I went to teach last night from 3:30-7 (it is my most exhausting night as it is the youngest kids 3-11 years all night long).... and Emma came along! Eliott was on his first overnight trip for his new job last night and went I took the job she said I could bring Emma with me. So I did! The owner Teresa and her friend Suzy (who's daughter is ina few of my classes) watched Emma. I brought with a bottle and food and toys and a blanket. I went and checked after one of my classes and Emma was just taking the bottle, and afer the next class she was asleep! That was what I tought would be hardest. I really didn't think she would take a nap with all of the people in and out (there are two-way mirrors so parents can watch). Then DURING another class I could hear her crying, I ran out and said "it's her dinner time!".... I guess she only took about 10 bites (as opposed to the enormous amounts that she usually eats). Apparently she was really unhappy throuh my last class, crying, unless she was actually outside!). But she was surrounded by Mom's who understood and just wanted to help- how wonderful is that? I was so grateful that I didn't tell Suzy that really she was probably just hungry! She usually eats ALL of her food, and I stop while she is still opening her mouth for more:) ANYWAY, I should have fed her before we left becasue the poor thing was SCREAMING the whole ride home while I aplogized to her over and over for not listening to what I knew she needed!!!!! Of Course we got in the door, I heated her food, and she ate every single bite, and smiled at me. So all was forgiven:)

Sorry no pictures, I will work on that!

Today we are going to go to the Attic for just a little bit to help direct parents as they work to get our classrooms set-up (one of the great things about a small private school!). Then... we'll see! Maybe I will work on getting some video's out to the Grandpaents!

Love to all....

No comments: