Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Post 4th!!!



Wow, what a great day we had. We all relaxed in the morning and I got the house vacuumed. El wanted Emma as soon as he woke up, so that helped out a lot:) It was beautiful, warm, and sunny all day. We headed over to Allison and John's Aunt and Uncle about 1pm. They live inWoodinville on a fairly nice sized pond, it was so lovely in their backyard, and really good potato salad too!!! One of these pictures is John with Emma (in the outfit that Elliott picked out for her to wear!!!). Here eyes are still gray-blue, with a darker circle outlining them. We hope they stay that way becasue they really are striking (I am biased though!). We enjoyed everyone's company there, as John's family is always so welcoming, funny, and gracious.... And always wanting to hold Emma!

AFter that we headed over to Uncle Jason and Aunt Holly's (this is AFTER Elliott made a stop off at the Firecracker store - holy crap is all I have to say). They had their backyard set up so lovely with room and food for everyone. I seem to be able to eat food ANY time lately... Em and I watched as dad worked hard getting fireworks set up and fused together and drilled down onto the wood board (yes, it was that big of a production, but it was so worth it in the end as the fireworks were REALLY good and entertaining). Afew people held Em and she did pretty well. She sleep fpr about an hour in her stroller, and her feet needed to hang out the end becase she is so tall already! She didn't mind the fireworks at all, and even I jusmped, so she did great! But once it got dark there were too many mosquitoes so her and I went inside to watch. We had a great time and as always Holly and Jason were gracious and warm hosts. I forgot to say that Emma was talking up a STORM last night! Just constant hooing - LOVED it! HEre's her and Uncle JAson too..

I guess that's about it from this end. I think we will head to the gym today for the first time (yikes!!!). She can go to the nursery there while I work out (I am already having anxiety over that!!). So, wish us luck.... love to all

1 comment:

Mom said...

can i get a picture of this?