Sunday, April 29, 2007

4 weeks!



The first piture is what Emma has to look forward to in the future... a loving Dad who also loves to pick on all of us! In the second picture I was trying to capture her "milk mustache"!!!!! The last one is of her new favorite way to sleep - love it!


Here is sweet little Emma - one month old - well, 4 weeks!!! We can hardly believe it has already been that long, although at the same time it seems like she has always been with us. As I said on Friday she is growing fast and there are new things every day...





She is starting to make more noises, "cooing" and the such. She is so cute after she eats she will often yawn and she sighs with a little noise at the end of each yawn, like it was so satisfying to her! You can tell she sees you when her eyes get all wide. She is following the sound of a rattle, and I SWEAR she smiled at me yesterday!?? But, it could have been gas:) We have also learned that she likes to be held for a while after she eats, and her new favortie way is with her chest resting on ours (hence the many pictures this way!). I am also learning that she often acts the same when she is tired as she does when she is hungry and I am LEARNING to distinguish between the two.





What else? Besides other feedings, at one point yesterday she ate for almost a whole hour!!!! Elliott said, "My God, is this how she is when I am at work?" I was like "Yes"! He said, "Doesn't it drive you crazy?". I said "Why do you think I feel ovewhelmed often, like there is so much to do, and no time to do anything?"..... Ha Ha!!!! Our new lives....:) She's worth it though........... When she tucks her head under your chin and sleeps on your chest - everything is wonderful!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, how right you are!! How wonderful baby Emma is!!!!!!!! How we miss her. Today was her Great Gram's birthday--84 years old and she is amazing!! We talk about Emma constantly and miss her so much. I wish I could hold her!!!! Emma we love you so much. We went to Charlie's today and had a birthday dinner for Great Grandma and it was very nice. Love to All

Mom said...

Jill-I can not tell you how much it means to us to see these pics and read the narratives. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

I can't believe Emma's a month old!!!!!! Incredible!!!