Thursday, April 26, 2007

Our little bug/nugget/peanut




John and Allison took these pictures monday night - some of our favorites! Can you believe how chunky her cheeks are?


Yesterday ended up being a great day, even though it started a little rough! Emma woke up at 5:45 and didn't go back to sleep until 9:45 (after umerous feedingd, diaper changes, and a big blowout which required a bath!!!). Then I WAS able to shower, and we headed to Fred Meyer before we went to our Parent Support Group at the Hospital (once again I could go on and on about the hospital - it is SO amazing, what they offer their patients in terms of support and education). The meeting was really good and helpful (it is so nice to realize that other women went through exactly what you are - even those whose kids are in school can vividly recall the emotions a joys and trials of the third-fourth week!!!!!) and I may meet a couple of the mom's for coffee some time.


Last night was wonderful too - El came home and grilled dinner (Southwest chicken - Tony Roma's style). Then he watched a movie with Emma from about 9:30-12am....... AND I GOT TO SLEEP IN ANY POSITION I WANTED for 2 1/2 hours!!!!! IT was heavenly:) And Emma slept SO good last night, or maybe it was the rest I had before hand, becasue she was still up for almost 2 hours at one point, but somehow it seemed more managable last night? I had been worried because she slept ALMOST all day and then hadn't really eaten a lot. My worries were quelled when she finally woke up at 7:30 pm.... El gave her a bottle which she VORACIOUSLY drank, then wanted more from me, both boobs (can I say that here? it is a part of life now:)).............


OH! I didn't tell about my almost break down........ I was EXHAUSTED when we got home from class...... I looked down and my boob was dripping THROUGH my pad, bra, AND shirt, just dripping like a faucet, then in the middle of eating Emma had a HUGE blowout, was crying because I had to change her in the middle of eating.... It felt like a crisis (although NOW I can look back and laugh) and I called Elliott to say I needed support - he thought it was funny - until he realized I was crying:)


Needless to say we made it through, it was a good night, and it's a new day with our adorable little peanut bug............

1 comment:

Mom said...

Jill I am sooooo grateful that you are taking the time to do all this with pics and narrative--it means so much to me and Great Grams. I love you all.