Sunday, April 22, 2007

Big Day of 1st's for Emma




Today was a big day of 1st's for our little one....


Her first big poopy "blowout", which seems o be a common name among mom's! This is when whatever should have gone in the diaper seems to go everywhere BUT the diaper! Poor thing, I was in the kitchen, her in her swing in the family room, and I heard her poo/toot from in there. So I went and picked her up while I finished my cereal. Once I actually looked - good lord what a mess! And I had no idea for like 10 minutes because she was wrapped in her blanket. ANYWAY, I decided I would have to give her a bath all by myself (Elliott went golfing for the first time in almost 2 years!). Luckily, she loves getting a bath, and the tub we have makes it SO EASY to give her one by myself. So I stripped her down, threw her clothes in the washer, and then scrubber her little body! All done, and she smells so good after - like a baby:)


Later on in the evening I took a nap and El had Em... When I came down stairs he was holding her while playing his video game - pretty cute, a very "dad" thing to do!


Then at about 10pm it was time for her first bottle feeding!!!!!! The books al suggest that you introduce the bottle between 2-3 weeks. They also go on about how hard it might be and they might not take the bottle, and mom might have to leave the room, etc., etc. Well, of course Emma was just please there was milk to drink and was PERFECTLY happy to take it from Dad. And Dad did such a good job; it was quite messy because it comes out of the bottle faster than she is accustomed to - but they did wonderfully. We were thrilled because she drank about 3 ounces, so we thought she would sleep for a while.... NO! She is going through a growing spurt (typical right now) and ate once an hour for three consecutive hours yesterday, and so in accordance with that she was hungry again at 11pm!!!! Our little piggly is a growin'!
The final picture of her sleeping... what would it be like to sleep THAT soundly:)


Have a happy sunday - love, j,e,e

No comments: