Saturday, May 26, 2007

In MN...

Yay! We made it... Sorry no pictues while I am here, I can't download onto this computer for some reason. I will stock up the blog with them when we get home....

Emma and I left for the airport about 2pn for a 5:40 flight. I wanted time to feed her at the airport, and then have a couple of hours before takeoff when she would need to eat again (this is suggested so her ears CAN pop when needed). I fed her first at an empty gate a few down from the one where we were scheduled to take-off from. Once we did get to our gate I held her in "superwoman" pose (her new favorite) and she ZONKED out. There were two couples in their 50's who were waiting next to me and they talked to me just a little bit. Wouldn't you know it but I sat next to one of the men on the plane - I said "it's us again" and I said "so you're the lucky one". I was SO nervous about who I would sit next to - please let it NOT be some sort of you guy!!!!! Anyway, I was strong and fed Emma during take-off.... SHE SLEPT THE WHOLE PLANE RIDE!!!!!! I was lucky to even get her to eat on the way down she was so exhausted. Everyone was just praising her - THANK GOD! So, it was a wonderful first flyiing experience. As a matter of fact there were tons of kids on the plane and they all were very happy.

We got into MN by 11pm, and Emma promptly smiled at her Grandma Loerch! Even though she slept so much she still slept pretty good that night. Friday we hung around the house and just oggeld and fawned over Emma, took LOTs of pictures. Granpa watched her while we went to get some Panera for breakfast. She was wide-eyed and they were having a conversation when we got home. We went to TJ MAxx that evening and showed great restrait, only getting one toy and a soft baby farm animals book! She was a sleepy bug all day pretty much, so she spent a good two hours awake during the middle of the night... I was tired this morning:)

Today we ran to Target and Emma got a toy for her car-seat that lights up and sings music; she was enraptured! It was so funny to watch her. I got a few new clothes, yay! Then we got ready for Aunt Becca, Uncle Chris, and Uncle Peter to come over for the day. They got here about 12, and I handed her over to Aunt Becca right away so I could go shower. When I got out I heard MAJOR crying! I felt so bad for her first "Aunt" experience... But she (both of them) recovered great, and Becca couldn't get enough of her - I LOVED to watch them together, it was really sweet. Chris even took her for a while, Emma had a small nose spit-up and they both jumped! It was funny....

During rib dinner Emma sat in her car-seat and played with her new toy, next to the patio table. After dinner Aunt becca went to pick her up and thought Emma felt a little sweaty. She looked under her shirt and SURPRISE!!!!!!! There was poop up to her armpits........... !!!!!!! Poor girl, who knows how long ago she'd pooped, but she wasn't unhappy. SO, took her out of her car seat and got that ready to wash, took her up to the bathroom, tried as hard as possible to get her onesie off without getting poop on her head. SUCCESS! Used about 20 wipes to get the excess off ehr body and then plopped her into the bathtub with a towl underneath her to help soften it. She loved it, until she realized that she was hungry - NOW. Then she let her little lungs go and cried and cried, it broke my heart! I got her diaper on her and we went down stairs to eat. I left Becca and Mom (the two bath visitors) to clean up the mess:) Needless to say Becca has a GREAT picture, but I cannot download any here, so will post it as soon as she sends it to me.

That is all for today.... We go to Farmer's Market tomorrow, then a few visitors will come over; my god mother Sue Strese and my lovely day care woman Carol Schultz, and maybe my friend Maggie Gillard. Monday Emma will get to meet her Great Grandma Hinrichs and her Great Aunt Judy. I will write more later.... Love to all...

No comments: