Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shots....


Wow.. what a day! Our little Emma had her 2nd doctor's visit today. Drum roll......... She's gained 5 lbs, so she weighs 13 lbs and is in the 92% for weight. She has grown 3 INCHES!!!! So she is at 24 1/4, and tha tis also the 90th percentile for height. Her head is still small, but is growing at a good rate, in the 20th percentile. She is healthy and doing well basically. Yay for Emma....

The hard part? She had her shots..... Oh my god, I started crying!!!!! I have never heard her make the sound she did when they poked her in the thigh, 3 times. I shouldn't have looked at her face, because that was almost worse than the sound of her high pitched scream/cry; she took almost 5 seconds to breath it seemed like. FOrtunatley it was time to eat so I just sat in the room and nursed her right away and that helped her to calm down. They had given ehr Children't Tylenol as soon as we got into the office, so I am assuming that helped with the pain? That was at 11am-12. She was great until she woke up here at 4pm (I hadn't given her more medicine because she seemed fine)..... Well, I guess the medicine wore off:( The poor thing just screamed and cried and got herself so worked up, I started crying again because I felt responsible (many parents these days are opting not to give their kids the shots) so Elliott took over for a little bit, but then his heart started to break as she was looking him right in the eye and just letting it all out! So I took over agian and finally got her to eat. Now she is asleep ( I gave her more tylenol as she was crying) and I am scared to move her!!!!!!

So we will see how the rest of the evening goes. Least to say I will give her her medicine on time:)
love to all....

No comments: